I’m a big fan of the Horror Twins, authors Brian LeTendre and Jolene Haley. At the end of last year they debuted with Harrowed, a YA serial killer horror, and now they’ve returned with Orchard Pointe, an amusement park YA Horror, perfect for a stab in the heart of summer.
And now you get to see the cover. Are you excited? You should be excited.
Here we go:
Every town has its secrets. This town is made of them.
It’s been ten years since Hudson James stepped foot in the small beach town of Orchard Pointe. His parents are battling through a nasty divorce and he’s forced to spend the summer in Maine with extended family. But Hudson makes the most of it. He finds kindred spirits in his cousin Marley and her oddball friend Kit, and lands a security job at the amusement park he loved as a kid.
Oceanside Amusement Park was once the centerpiece of the beachfront tourist experience. But with attendance down and the park in need of an update, Orchard Pointe’s tricentennial celebration might be the last chance to turn things around. The town brings in a performance group all the way from their sister city of Monrive, France—Madame Chambers’ Coterie of Curiosities. From sideshow to burlesque acts, Madame Chambers and her eccentric group of performers mesmerize locals and tourists alike from the moment they arrive.
When a girl disappears from the park during Hudson’s very first shift, he feels responsible. When she turns up dead, Hudson can’t forgive himself. He vows to discover the truth about what happened and the more he digs, the more he’s certain that Madame Chambers and her Coterie aren’t what they seem.
Can Hudson stop the wave of darkness that has crashed down on Orchard Pointe, or will the undertow of secrets claim another victim?
Don’t miss this YA Horror, out August 16th, 2016!
Join the book buzz using hashtag #OrchardPointe
- Mirror Mage (Dragon’s Gift: The Huntress #2) by Linsey Hall
- A Shade of Vampire (A Shade of Vampire #1) by Bella Forrest
- Stone-Cold Fox (Mai Hayashi #1) by Hailey Edwards
- Old Dog, New Tricks (Black Dog #4) by Hailey Edwards
- Lie Down with Dogs (Black Dog #3) by Hailey Edwards
- Magic Edge (Dragon Born Alexandria #1) by Ella Summers
- Hunter, Hunted (The Spire Chronicles #1) by Ashley Meira
- The Immortality Cure by Tori Centanni
- For Love or Money by Susan Kaye Quinn
- Heir of the Dog (Black Dog #2) by Hailey Edwards
- Ancient Magic (Dragon’s Gift: The Huntress #1) by Linsey Hall
- The Cupcake Witch (The Chancellor Fairy Tales #2) by Poppy Lawless
- Dead Rising (The Templar #1) by Debra Dunbar
- Alex (Rylee Adamson #5.5) by Shannon Mayer
- Tracker (Rylee Adamson #6) by Shannon Mayer
- Blind Salvage (Rylee Adamson #5) by Shannon Mayer
- Shadowed Threads (Rylee Adamson, #4) by Shannon Mayer
- Lumberjanes Volume 3 by Noelle Stevenson
- Replica (The Blood Borne, #2) by Shannon Mayer and Denise Grover Swank
- Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9) by Patricia Briggs
- Murder of Crows (The Others, #2) by Anne Bishop
- Written in Red (The Others, #1) by Anne Bishop
- Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8) by Patricia Briggs
- Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1) by Jim Butcher
- Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill
I’m excited to start reading the third The Others novel, but I’m holding off because Robert and I have been reading Written In Red (The Others, #1) outloud. I do so much rereading (and reading of books that aren’t out yet) that I’ve gotten behind on my goodreads challenge goals. I seem to be permanently about two books behind. *sigh*
I was working on things a little bit ago and realized I never have posted anything about the BLOOD & GLITTER (Deadly Divas, #2) cover! I love the covers (and the titles) for this series. The folks over at Deranged Doctor Design worked really hard on these. I can’t wait to show you the third cover–there is something about seeing three lined up together that makes me all giddy! I’ll be sure to do that post in a week or two.
Alright. You ready? Here it is. BLOOD & GLITTER.
It matches up well with the LIPSTICK & ZOMBIES cover, don’t ya think?